Saturday, April 11, 2020

Cat. Begin again.

5 cats. Original one-of-a-kind art.
Created by Judith Parsons Art.
(Do not use without permission)

There is a place I go. Much like this song, when I close my eyes I see all the watery memories of us. 

Our toes at the edge of the ocean. If you have shared fluid moments beside me, then close your eyes…SEE the real me.

See?  Remember her?

Imagine me- grinning from ear-to-ear. We are grinning with the sun bright, I can see your sparkling eyes. Your grin is so amazing.

There are a handful of you, who have been night swimming with me. Also sailing with me. Glorious times. Scary and thrilling. There is nothing like it.

Then there are the wind splashed memories, water coming over the bow, the boat speeding along at hull speed. Yep. A few of you have experienced flying upon the water with me.


I leave you with the link to the song I have been playing over and over again. 


Now, I have become a cat. I see this little independent lioness sitting at the edge of the ocean. She is content, looking outward at the horizon.

This time away from the world, except for my little neighbor (waving at D) I have been doing some introspective connecting the watery drops. 

Money, it isn’t what I thought it was. My old sand castle dreams have washed away. So I sit looking outward, aware- ever so aware of this body that carries me — not even sure what to wish for anymore.

Those last 8 words. 

(sighing)

What is our purpose? What? What is the point of beginning again? 


My twin brother called this morning (waving). I cried after I hung up the phone. I wept for the miracle that happened. It is a long story- for another blog- for another time.

Let us start over.

Over and over. The lioness of me- in my silver fur- sits at the edge of the ocean- looking out. Wondering what in the world life is about. 
No sure anymore of anything.

Enjoy the song. Think of our watery moments together. I will think of your smile. AND that is enough for now.

My cat art, creating using Adobe Illustrator. Sit beside the cat of me. And let's begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment