Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Swirling time plants.

Flashback in time: 40 years ago.

The station wagon rambles down the pine tree highway somewhere between Tallahassee and Savannah. Mom cries out: “Bays stop! Pull over, pull over.”

Dad: “Good Lord Annette, what is it?”

Mom; “Turn around, there is a plant along the road, that I want to use in my garden club flower arrangements.”

Dad would huff and puff, and groan about having to turn the car around. But, he turned around. I remember my mother digging the rose clippers (secretaries-for you UK friends) out of the glove compartment. She took off toward the field of warped dried swirly plants. 

Mom cuts a bushel arm load of those strange curly swirly plants. Every garden show, she used those incredible plants to win awards. 

I have not seen that plant for 40 odd years. Until today.

I was watering the roses in Anita’s garden and came across the same swill curvy plant. I stood there watering the plant sobbing. THIS was a sign from the universe that I am on track.

Who remembers crazy memories like that? My mother thought the plant had a fungus, to give it such a lovely curve. It was that unusual shape with the flat stem that stayed with me. 
FORTY years later, it shows up. It raises its lovely head and says: “I am with you.”

KNOW. Know that we are all more connected that we will ever begin to understand. 


The realms of time overlapping, the energies swirling like crazy momma plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment