Wednesday, June 1, 2016

2 Again s s s

Original One-of-a kind illustration by Judith Parsons Art 2016
(Do not use with out permission)

Today is the second day of the new and improved me. Yep, just like the old washing detergent: Tide, that gets a new box and label. I am doing the same. I am going against the current to be reborn, swimming against the stream of life as it were. 
Rebirthing myself.
I dreamed about the salmon last night and will ramble on a wee bit, so you can get to know me.

The first card I chose was the salmon. I was working at the Monterey Herald, when Jill Jackson, a graphic designer, one woman actress and story teller, showed me the book. She introduced me to the “Medicine Cards” by Jamie Sams and David Carson. It is a fabulous book which comes with a deck of cards. Each card has an animal illustrated upon it, which tells us a lesson.

We walked out back behind the building and sat under a tree in the shade. I distinctly remember pulling the card and being impressed with the lesson of “wisdom/inner knowing”.

My grandmother was married to a Native American. Or so I was told. I never met the man, she fell in love with him and had a baby and then divorced him. I really wasn’t influenced by anything Native American until I met a photographer from the Tampa Tribune, Candace Mundy was the journalist who changed me. 

I remember walking out from work, the sun was setting, the golden orange was magical as it was highlighting everyones face. She was walking beside me, all of us heading toward our cars in the garage. She had on a khaki vest, with lots of pockets. I touched the vest and complimented her upon it, it had a awesome silky fabric. Later I discovered she had nothing on underneath that vest, she had been taking photos in the Florida sun and needed something to wear, to just get home in.

We would see one another around the building and we would talk about her family and her Native American family. Yet again-- the book is introduced  to me!  “Medicine Cards” by Jamie Sams and David Carson was going to keep appearing in my life until I bought it. 

It is a fabulous book which comes with a deck of cards. Each card has an animal illustrated upon it, which tells us a lesson.

The basic premise is this. God, the source, or what ever you believe in— guides you — will speak to you in what ever way you will best listen. If you are a dreamer, then you will dream your lessons. If you are a person that watches a lot of television then your lesson will be conveyed via that medium. God, being the magnificent infinite source will help guide you in what ever way you need to grow. Sam and Carson, the authors of Medicine Cards are very aware of the animals which cross their path and have created an incredible book to help us discover our lessons.

Now, the salmon. I shake my head at the lesson. I have come full circle with this lesson. I have been swimming up stream this past semester, I have been struggling against the current and am finally back to where I began.

I am spiritually home. Today is day two of my starting over. Struggling is how we grow, how the seed breaks through its husk, and how “the salmon returns to its place of creation.”

“If salmon has swam into your cards today, it may be telling you to trust your gut feeling and inner knowing at this time. Avoid the influence of those that may have hidden agendas or who manipulate events for their personal gain. Do you need  to reflect upon on the personal experiences that will help you decide whether the tide is ebbing or flowing in a direction that benefits your forward moment and growth?”

This summer I return to the first lessons of wisdom, back to my highest wisest self. The writing this summer will be a discovery of my Trinity, my truth. Thank you for coming to the edge of my water and watching the lessons ebb and flow upon my tide.


We are all connected together. Swimming, shining and soaring.

No comments:

Post a Comment