Sunday, January 6, 2019

Holy Smiling Rocks

Photograph and composition created by Judith Parsons Art 2019

They began in August and September of 2017. Two stones upon the beach became one. One the head and one the body. Finding them was the third element of the beginning of this fabulous little tale.

As the two women just happened upon the separate rocks. And together they became one.

Deepak Chopra speaks about the wholeness of us all, and then the word “whole” became “holy”. There is a sacredness in all of us, a higher knowing, a witness to the self that whispers what we are to do.

I find the holiness of myself whilst my hands are busy. My daughter is also an artist and we walk into the onion field of art and pick up a medium and discuss it at length. There are so many layers to pull back and explore. She often says: “There is so much art to be made.”

I nod and giggle and agree. The rock in the image is doing the same thing, smiling out at you. Welcoming you into our world of creating and making and playing within the holiness of passionate play.

This stone found me a few days ago. I took the photograph, turned to look at something Anita had found and then turned back to pick up this smiling amazing rock and it hid. I kid you not, I searched and searched for it. And it decided it did not want to go home to be in Anita’s garden.

So, there you have it. The magic of “Holy Rocks”. I gathered lots more rocks, each one had to have a hole in it. I will paint them one day, and hang them upon a garden sculpture. Heck, even as I type this out- I can see many ideas bubbling up to the surface. Art wanting to be made.

That is all that it takes these days. A thought…that expands and take on its own life.

Anita and Margaret, two exquisite women in my life. Thank you for helping with the Trinity of Holy Rocks!  Keep smiling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment