Monday, May 29, 2017

Last sculpture

Using acrylic cut hexagons, treading
acrylic rod through the hexagons.
Then using glow in the dark rods in my
hot doddle melting making magic art!!
One of a kind by Judith Parsons Art 2017!
Today you are seeing the last sculpture I created as a student at Academy of the Art University. I will never be the same.

Forever changed.

Four years in San Francisco and I earned my wings of courage and objectivity.

There are a few women I would like to thank for supporting me along my Art Priestess Journey. 

First Anita Boyle, when I moved into the city, you would talk me through the streets. Turn left here, right there toward my destination. YOU helped me find my bearings, you helped me find my way over and over again in a new place. Thank you Love for your constant love and support.

My sister, Lynn and my instructors, Margaret and Anne! All three of you have been running along— trying to get the kite of me up and flying. Eventually the wings lifted from the kite. Finally I found the words to defend my self and my art. You were the women that created the currents of wind that I soared upon!
(Hugging you all)

Then, the one woman who quietly stood in the shadows. Her hand in my lower back, Lindsay Chan. You seemed to know exactly when I was drowning and seemed to have the perfect words and perfect smile to keep me creating and traveling along my Art Priestess Quest. Thank you Lindsay.  (hugging you tight)

Two men stand with their arms outstretched. I see them from the eagle eye height. Gordon and Tom. You stand with your arms joined, clasping one another’s forearms. The eagle of art you both allowed a safe place to land. The talons sharp ….when the eagle lands upon your clasped arms the talons become soft paint brushes, the wings become glass. The ultimate mirror glass.

Thank you Gordon and Tom, your joining forces helped me finalize my Art Quest to find myself. This blog was a huge part of my graduate degree.

I reflected, wrote, edited and re-edited myself. I have my Masters of Fine Art- I am the Art Priestess!

Thank you readers, thank you Soul Sisters. I am walking through the huge Gothic massive doors. I stand upon the foyer of life, looking upward. Unfurling my wings, chest uplifted, I am free beginning a new journey!!

Wooooooohooooooooo!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment