Thursday, May 19, 2016

Mastering

Original art created specifically for this blog.
By Judith Parsons Art 2016
(Do not use with out permission)

There are 3 main threads running through my life. I am a teacher of swimming, I am a college student securing my masters in sculpture and I am preparing to go the next floor up in my spiritual quest.

A magical find happened.
This morning I found a book that united the head strong oxen and suggested the taming of the beast. 

It was an incredible “ah-ha” moment for me and I created this warrior beast as a meditation.

I concentrated on simplifying the line. I knew I would mirror it and play with it in illustrator. And I let it come to the surface with its opacity layers transparent enough to let the layers show.

There is no truer statement:for everything there is an equal reciprocation.


If you act like a mad bull, ranting and raving. The energy of that rant will reflect into the universe and seep into your surface. 

Everything truly is reciprocated.


The two way street might not immediately reflect into your life, but eventually that two way street will turn around and meet you, face-to-face.

Teaching swimming has always grounded and healed me. In a way that gardening and digging in the dirt ground many, the water connects me to the source. When I am swimming I am grinning from ear to ear. The water is where I am whole.
Whole…holy.
The connect.

Returning to college has been the hardest and bravest thing I have ever ever done. I am 55 years old. Personally, this week made me feel my age. I started asking why something did not happen. And I felt it was because of my age.  Then I had a hard talking to myself  and reined in my attitude and told myself I had to work ten times harder to create the work, so what happened would never happen again.

Becoming a master in something means REALLY knowing the task at hand, being able to do it with your eyes shut. Knowing it so well, you confidently stride into the room and OWN your ability.

Whole…holy…

I have waited a few years to let myself open to the idea of learning the Masters level of Reiki. It is not something I take lightly. It is interesting that it is falling into this time frame, as I prepare for my last 6 months of graduate studies.  Then finding today’s book, which I will hold close to my chest. It makes me tear up, with how clear the message is.

Thomas, thank you for giving the book to Anita. I look forward to hugging you. It is the FINAL puzzle piece to my thesis. I was searching for something that tied me all together. A cocoon that would weave around me and help me complete my graduate quest.

We all ALL more connected than we will ever know.
I love you all. 

Reiki principals: 
1.) Just for today, do not worry.
2.) Just for today, do not anger.
3.) Earn your living honestly.
4.) Honor your parents, teachers and elders.

5.) Show gratitude to every living thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment