Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Fountain of youth

Photograph and logo from YMCA website. Added text with photoshop.

This morning I went to my first aqua-fitness class. I felt like I was a sixteen year old again! To be able to play, jump, dance and exercise for an hour in the water is the BEST gift you can give yourself.

I was a little girl again. Laughing and playing. Being in the YMCA pool with a bunch of new friends, is what life is about. The song by the Pointer Sisters, “We are family” was a fabulous moment. I felt very much loved in that pool.

The majority of the people were over 60 years young. Yep. The Chinatown YMCA is where it is at. If you want to find the fountain of youth, come hang out at our pool.

On Thursday I am going back to the pool to do the Water Zumba. I have no idea what it will be like. However, I do know that moving and playing and being a wild little girl again is a glorious feeling.

People are smiling at the Chinatown YMCA!! We are a fabulous family! And no, I am not being paid to sing the praises of our magical piece of heaven upon earth. 

I am committing to myself, my body. I want to become stronger and better.

My entire 57 years upon this planet I put my body on the back burner. Sure I did weight watchers 20 times, and sure I lost the weight. And then gained it back. Now though, I am giving myself permission to have fun.

Give yourself the best gift ever, come join the YMCA. Tell them Judith sent you— you will get a discount and a HUGE hug from me!


Wooohooooooo!! Life is amazing at the Chinatown YMCA!

No comments:

Post a Comment