Friday, April 29, 2016

now the work begins

Now the work begins.

Now, the work begins.

Now the work, begins.

I move the comma around pausing and trying out the way to say the sentence so it slides comfortably upon my skin. Like a silk robe that was made just for me.

The sentence has been waiting for me to show up.

I have walked around it for decades. Before time began the words knew I would search for them. I can see other writers grabbing a pen and jotting down my thoughts…as we all know now in this time and age…nothing is original.

It is all hashed out over and over. In illustrator the image is traced and tweaked a wee bit to make the original shape different enough, not to be full out plagiarism. Heaven to Betsy, we just can NOT do that.

Yet, we do.

Yep, I have.

(sighing)

I wonder about the French painters with their one-point perspective grids. Did they think they were copying another’s trade secret? Interesting to think what others might have seen and improved upon. The boxes that held relics. How many artist saw the original design and thought: “Hmmmmmm…I could do better?”

After being at graduate school for 3 years I am ready to dance with the idea of truly perfecting my skills. I have some tricks up my sleeve. And am pleased to have the extra time to create some magnificent work.

The puzzle pieces are all falling into place. The complicated 3 dimensional mosaic of me is taking me higher.

The steps and the woman of words is all coming to-get-her.

I was going to create a long and involved illustration…but then thought better. I would ask the words to fly into my hand. The 4 different winged creatures would alight upon my palm. The butterfly, the dragon fly, and the humming bird upon on hand and the hawk upon the other. I would kiss each one then lift my hands above my head.

The wings unfurling and the possibilities endless. Expect miracles-- sweet Loves.

It is time to get serious about working. Are you truly giving it your all? Are you playing about at it? Are you spending hours upon games and waiting until the last minute to complete the tasks that needs taken care of?
Only you know. Only you can answer with the ALL of your being.

I have been learning how to work. I have been learning how to concentrate. And even learning how to play. One must decide when it is time to take it all to the next floor up.

From one hard working soul to the next…We can do what needs to be done.

Let us get to it!!

Wooooohooooooo!!!

You know the last word: “S-o-a-r-i-n-g!!!!”


No comments:

Post a Comment