Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Isolation mode

For the past three days, I have been engineering art using Adobe Illustrator. The drawings are going to be used to cut out a sculptural form using acrylic. It is a precision ability. Truthfully, I never thought I would be one to fall in love with the perfecting of puzzle pieces…however, I can’t get enough of it.

I have created with clay, metal and glass none of those mediums really lend themselves to perfection. Its more of a: "close the kiln and pray to the kiln God" that it all comes together. I shake my head and laugh at this whole process. I have one foot placed firmly in the sculptural messy hands world and one foot in the incredibly precise digital laser technology.

As I have been drawing the layers of arches which have a “Trinity” symbol upon them the Isolation mode was something I used a lot. If you use the Adobe Illustration software, and are an intense artist, then you know what I am talking about.

The “mode of isolation” ability allows the user to change one element that resides within a group of elements. I can’t help but laugh at the title of this helpful mode. For three days I have been seriously focused upon this drawing. You are only seeing the layers placed upon one another so I could test the footing and the balance of the pieces. 

It is a dimensional puzzle celebrating the Trinity of Life. All of us are upon a quest. Your highest self is flying beside you, wings unfurled. Circling you and thrilled you are aware. The sun shines bright, the breeze is perfect, you have your walking stick in your minds eye. I’ll meet you high up, on the pinnacle.

Keep creating, keep loving…the mode of isolation helps us get the things done we need to accomplish. Whew. Intense three days of drawing. Art takes hard alone work. 
Appreciate an artist, purchase some of their work. It does your heart good. You know you want to!


Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment