Thursday, May 24, 2018

Between 3 and 5

Original one-of-a-kind art, by
Judith Parsons Art • San Francisco 2018

Line 4


Lines describe becoming.

This art project is deconstructing my daughter’s artist statement. Taking each sentence and building upon the previous art to create another composition.

Line 4. The number between 3 and 5. Three and five are numbers dear to my heart. Three is the Trinity, which defines a huge part of me. It is also my Beloved’s number. Five is my number, I was the fifth child in the line up. 

I am creating art on the fly. With no preconceived ideas about what the next composition will be. Well, that is not entirely true. I do start out thinking of a design. 

Originally I was going to take a ribbon and twirl it into a shape that resembled sun glasses. Then as soon as I looked at Margaret’s typed artist statement, the “I” letters popped up…saying…look!!

So then the “Lines Describe Becoming” become about I.

Deep stuff huh? (laughing) That is why I like discovering art while playing. 

It takes on its whole other self…

Thank you Margaret - for allowing me to deconstruct your artist statement. It is a glorious process of self discovery!

Play.

No comments:

Post a Comment