Sunday, May 17, 2015

Capt. Blue J

Images from google images. Just composed a special graphic
just for this blog! Art by Judith Parsons 2015
Maybe this has happened to you… You have awakened with an idea in your head and you can't shake it. It is as if there is a whole other entity inside you- saying: “Be wild! Change it up! Let the old go!”

I didn’t know her name at first. But, eventually this “Capt. Blue J” showed up. I know- I know- we think of all the blue beards, all the dangerous wild eyed, frenzied bizarre characters in books and movies. Perhaps its time to strip off a layer of the mild mannered me, and give you a deep look into how crazy and wild I can be.

I wanted a new persona, I am really close to purchasing a motorcycle, but the restraints of where to park it, and how safe it is in the city- makes me resist that purchase. The wild woman in me is making up for lost time. She has been soaring beside a woman who has been telling me to dig my heels in, telling me to own my voice, telling me to stand up and just BE what ever the hell I want to be. 

Well- she has gone and done it now. (Waving -Thank you Anita) All that chipping away at the old ceramic facade brought Capt. Blue J to the forefront! I have found the blue steel underneath!

(Standing ovation)

 Something shifted, the transformation came at me fast, like I had to do something drastic to make this change. The hair coloring was the least of the drastic measures to take. I was considering going bald. Can you imagine?

It has been a long time coming, since hurricane Katrina took away my sailboat. When I was in her, I felt safe. She was my emergency back-up plan if the world went to hell in a hand basket. I knew I could barter and trade and take people up and down the coast for essentials. (smiling sigh)

Yesterday, I found the old me. She hasn't aged at all. She has been waiting for me to come back to her. I was finding my sea legs again. Yesterday was an incredible day! I learned how to start the zodiac engine and to retrieve the smaller boats. Then learned to rig the 15 footers. I wanted to go out on my own and talk to the wind and play with the sheets and familiarize myself with the water one-on-one.

Don’t you love those words: “one-on-one”…3 perfect words. I can’t help but smile at the 3 thing- I am obsessed with it. I love geometry, I love the Trinity, I love how we are ALL more connected than we know.

I want to become stronger because of sailing, I want to find my see legs, do some planking and strengthen my core. I want so much from my body, for sailing, I will do it. For Capt. Blue J- I will become stronger in body, mind and spirit! Who knows, maybe one day I will own a nice sail boat again, and I will take you all out!! 


We will sail toward the sunset!! Wooooohoooo!!

The links below are were I found the cool pirate art--


No comments:

Post a Comment