Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Ascend-Choose Life!

Ascend logo design by Judith Parsons

Metal sculpture is art by Richard Stainthorpe
Photo found on google images
I have realized exactly how amazing life is. What you think- what you project- what you do is al linked and woven together . WE really do become what we think, we are ALL woven together in this great new world of love and light and connected energy. 

From signing up for support to become stronger to just finish watching a documentary on Hubert Shelby. We all want to “Ascend” to be better and be more.

A week ago I went to a life coaching gym and the name of this incredible place: “Ascend”.

I love everything about the word “Ascend”. It shows how I feel about life. Keep stepping up, keep moving forward and higher. Eventually one moves past the mundane and is able to rise and transcend above the clouds. When I am doing my art, I am happiest: “ I SOAR!”

I created the logo because I love the people at the gym! They are fabulous! I admit, after the first Friday work-out, I was afraid I would never be able to sit upon a toilet seat again. My thighs and rear end were screaming at me. What in the world had I done to my body? I am happy to report, I am much better after a day of rest, and can sit properly now. (Whew!)

The woman sculpture on the composition is a sculpture my friend KayMarie posted on Facebook. The artist is Richard Stainthorp and Art People Gallery supports his work. That woman, made of metal is where my mind is.

I am becoming stronger, as a 54 year old woman it is imperative we work on our core stamina. No one else can do it for you. It is a struggle that has been with man forever. The man against self in an internal struggle we all deal with. Hubert Selby dealt with his own conflicts and his words reflect where I am now:

“I was sitting at home and had a profound experience. I experienced, in all of my Being, that someday I was going to die, and it wouldn't be like it had been happening, almost dying but somehow staying alive, but I would just die! And two things would happen right before I died: I would regret my entire life; I would want to live it over again. This terrified me. The thought that I would live my entire life, look at it and realize I blew it forced me to do something with my life.”

To Acend higher is to love myself. It is a total body, mind and spirit place to be. I have always been incredibly hard on my body and thank the good Lord my physical bones and muscle have remained strong and have rejuvenated over the years.

“Do something with your life.” May you inspire others, may you be the model of behavior that when you glance back at your life, you can say:

 “I ran a good race and
I finished in style. 


Wow! I did all that?”

No comments:

Post a Comment