Monday, January 22, 2018

The butterfly and the fish

Original art by Judith Parsons Art • San Francisco 2018

The words became white

Turned to fog
Each letter 
walking into the cloud 
Silence was needed

numbness 
deep


the wanting didn’t want anymore
the quiet sneaked in
perfect elixir 
settling everything
a first snow kind of quiet

but more quiet
seeped

nothing needed to be said
Ms. Time
The new improved version
laid down beside me
She was quiet too

Waiting learning patience
She decided to let her lay 
In Sheets of White linen
Which covered the earth
Wrapped in her cocoon

I left her 
to rebirth herself

I returned to the water
The quiet fluid healed me
I believed in breathing bubbles
Agreed
We needed rest from one another

You find your butterfly wings

I shall find my fins

No comments:

Post a Comment