Monday, January 29, 2018

Dangerous God.




I have been reading the great late John O’ Donahue, the great Celtic philosopher and priest. He has a unique take on God and creativity. I love his perspective on God being dangerous. That the theology tamers have taken the fire and thrill out of GOd. They have made God a pastel sort of soft elevator music sort of God.

This art was created around his quote. As an artist this wraps up who I am completely. As a young woman I forced manifesting my reality. I wanted to change it, I wanted so much more than I was. I was constantly splitting the seed of my exterior, and becoming something new again and again.

I shake my head, thinking about who I was and what my ex-husband put up with. Bless his heart for sticking it out in a 32 year marriage. I came to San Francisco, to find myself. To complete my graduate degree, to prove to myself I could sculpt a body and or a face if I so desired. When it was all said and done, I learned how to see.

If you read my blog, then you know what I am about to say. The song- Amazing grace, was certainly about an artist going to art school to learn to “see”. Once you learn this higher level of “seeing” you are forever changed.

I see things in slow motion all the time now. It is an altered state of consciousness and the chiaroscuro effect shows up all the time. It is as if angels are stopping time so I might memorize the scene.

Thats all I’ve got. Go make your life dangerous. Find God in the little moments. Play the jazz that makes you smile. You are on holy ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment