Sunday, October 28, 2018

Distorting and pulling apart

Composition by Judith Parsons Art
San Francisco 2018


The computer realm of creating give us infinite possibilities. We can create something and distort it until our heart is content.

We can pull and stretch it apart.
Over and over again.
We can turn down the opacity so the layers become transparent.

Wouldn't it be nice in life- to see the transparency of another person?

We push things, we test boundaries. We are like toddlers wondering how much we can get away with. Until finally the other love says; "No".

Lately I am obsessed with the five point star. Five is my number. So - I create with that in mind.
This particular shape started out as a star. Then I morphed and twisted and distorted the star to come a wave shape. Then I took that shape and rotated it again to create what another star.

The pendulum has swung to the point of distortion. The balance is out of whack. People are looking to technology to save them.

When the hurricane hit - my sister and I spoke about how people in their neighborhood came together. The electricity was off. Social media was no an option. The coffee maker and microwave weren't working. The neighbor was real, every one walked out into the street to check on one another and connect.

Right next door, they all stopped and looked up from their devices and helped one another. Life is twisted. Horrible things are happening in this world. I don't know what the answers are. It is like we are all lost. Maybe we need some guiding stars.

It is too bad the nut cases who are out killing others aren't distorting art on computers or playing games instead of doing it in the physical world. Now with video games and social media so available we tend to look at our devices more than we look at one another.

I have no answers.
I wish I did.
I am going to play in photoshop and illustrator and create more distorted stars. That is exactly what we all are.
Distorted stars. Still shining. Every single one of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment