Saturday, September 10, 2016

Throw it away!

Original art created for this blog.
You know the saying: "let it go...if it comes back it was
meant to be...if it doesn't come back, it wasn't meant to be."
Okay...You know what I mean.
Art by Judith Parsons Art 2016

It is true that one must clear their surroundings to make room for new energy.

We need to release the old, give it to someone who needs it, or just plain ‘ole trash it. 

This weekend I am clearing out a bunch of old molds and old art. SO I can make room for my final year of art.

There are a few pieces that I can not throw away. They mean too much. However, I realized as I was organizing my tools, that I have learned a great deal upon this “Masters Quest” while in art college.

I can weld metal, I can sculpt clay and I can make incredible acrylic three dimensional art out of a flat material, albeit acrylic or leather.

I can weld metal and fabricate anything on the fly. Robert, my side kick in art, has assisted me every step of the way during my art quest. HE is a wonderful example of what unconditional love is. (Waving) We will have a LED light project to make this year. And I look forward to working side-by-side with him again.


I have a dragon skeleton I am sculpting now, and I am so jazzed about it I can hardly contain myself. I will be making a skin/crown for it in leather. I am pleased to OWN the new engineer in me!! I am thrilled to know how to fix and make things. Anything can be done.

The last piece will be another waist-coat/vest. I have learned the terminology between the UK and America is very different. It will be made using acrylic. That about sums up my next year.

I threw away a bunch of crappy art, art that was not perfect enough to receive an A grade. Admittedly, I feel a million time lighter without that art on my studio walls. CLEAR out the old, just throw it away. Make room for the new energy!


Thank you for reading. I swear this blog has saved my mind, in this lonely town. You guys reading it has made life better. I really appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment