Saturday, December 19, 2015

The calling child.

The illustration is one line drawn to create a path of curves to suggest the mother holding a baby. I am a mother, it is a role that brings out the mother lioness in me. It is a sacred energy that drives me beyond my mundane other self.

She, the mother in me.
Holds her self to a higher standard. The regular me is left in the dust where my children, are concerned.

The mother in me, is a giant. “She” is when I become the highest self that I am always searching for. “She/me” are like old friends laughing and hugging because I am home when I am a mom.

It is a reunion with my best self. In 4 days my children will be with me. The room is small, the accommodations not anything they are used to. It will be sort of like camping out, with out the woods. 

I have stood watching my daughter walk to catch her plane. I have screamed through the airport, at the top of my lungs:  “I love you-u-u-u-u-u-!” And she has screamed back:”I love you to-o-o-o-o-o-o!” It is a ache that family shares. The love of our little ones, is what makes life extra special. They do not necessarily have to be born from us. We become their care takers, we become their back up plan, we become love.

I am preparing my wee nest for the visit. I am sure it will be one we never ever forget. Life is about that special connect, with a young one that looks up to you. May your holiday season connect you to a very special wee one.

May their laughter become yours. (hugging you tight) 


No comments:

Post a Comment