Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Happy Birthday David!!!

Beautiful photograph by Robert Hendry 2014

Photo of Red Tail Hawk by Robert Hendry 2014
Composition by Judith Parsons Art
When my son was 10 years old, he stopped me in mid conversation and said; “Look up.” He pointed out and up toward the sky to a jet flying over head. 

He asked me if I saw it. I couldn’t. It was so far up, beyond my eye sight. He could see it, he told me to look up his arm, to follow his pointed index figure and low and behold. There is was! 
A tiny speck of white, an airplane.

He said then that he wanted to fly, he loved everything about flying. He wanted to create state of the art planes with new technology. I believe he will.

He had hawk eyes back then. (smiling) What a glorious man my son is. I wish I could hold him and hug him in person.

(sighing) This blog will suffice until we see one another again. I will embarrass him with my ramblings and hopefully he will forgive me. (grinning)

When he was born he was 9 pounds 14 ounces. He was born with his fist tight --close to his chest, like a little boxer man...and had the widest shoulders EVER. (grinning) 

We gave him an extra name because of those shoulders. I figured if there was anybody on the planet that could carry an extra name - it would be David!

One of my happiest memories with the family is going night sailing. We would plan to sail on full moon nights. I will never forget the moon rising over the horizon on Lake Pontchartrain. The glow of the GPS reflected Dave’s grin. He had his feet upon the seats and he had the sail boat busting butt! God knows the wind was glorious that night! 
The sails were full and David was strong enough to hold the sail boat on her course! A brave man then...a brave man now.
(grinning- waving)

Other favorite memories include bon fires and cooking in the kitchen. He would get in the kitchen and make the craziest sandwiches, mustard and peanut butter…(laughing) Thanks for the reminder!

And there was a time when he put “Tony’s” spice on e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g! (grinning)

David is studying aerospace engineering. Yep, he is THAT smart. I can’t wait to see what he will invent. Time will tell.

Life may side track us a wee bit, we might get off course, but Dave has an incredible drive, and a magnificent work ethic! He will hate me for calling him: "a gentle giant" but at 6 foot 5 inches, he is just that. And he has glorious shoulders upon which I cry upon. Thank you Dave for all your support and love!! We are flourishing and growing stronger everyday!


Happy Birthday Sweetheart! I love you! Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment