Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Spa Art Being Born

Photos from Kabuki Web site
Composition by Judith Parsons 2014
Yesterday my daughter and I decided we would do something different for Christmas. We gave one another a Spa experience at Kabuki spa.

On Facebook we read about how material the world is and who really remembers a material gift? Really? Who remembers a television? Or a techie gadget? Glance back over the years and look…Do you remember anything standing out-as “WOW! Now that was a Christmas.”

Well, if you got a HUGE gift..like a car or a boat. Generally speaking, things are things.

We remember experiences. So with that in mind we made our appointment and headed to seek our unforgettable Christmas experience.

Two parts of the event stand out. The first was the massage and the second was the hot bath.

Her hands were my grandmother’s hands. She brought childhood memories back to life with her hands. My muscles resisted at first, and honestly, I was surprised I had muscles. (smiling)  It was a magical timeless experience. The energy and warmth of her hands had me mewing and humming softly. I was a child again. I was whole and complete in the cave before time. The 30 minutes were over in the blink of an eye. 
I sat up and looked at myself in the mirror. I had changed. Before I came into that room, before her hands touched me, I was just me. When I looked at the mirror, after my body had been caressed and my muscles massaged I was a glowing Goddess of light.

The next glorious experience was the hot bath area. I stepped into the waters and I swear my whole body moaned “Aw-w-w-w-w”… I might have even moaned it out loud. It was soooooo incredible. I sank down into the waters and became the waters. (Sighing) It was heaven on earth!

I am stronger and better for living in San Francisco and going to graduate school. 

It had help me realize: I am the Goddess I want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment