Monday, May 19, 2014

Cardinal Love

Original art created by Judith Parsons for this blog. 
The red feathered word “Cardinal” is beautiful. It is spiritual in nature and sacred as I attach that word to my mother. 

When I see a cardinal fly by- immediately it triggers memories of my mother. She would kiss her palm and spread her hand flat –her long tapered fingers pointing toward the bird. She would blow a kiss across the backyard toward the cardinal. My eyes followed the invisible kiss and she would prompt me to blow a kiss as well.

It brought good luck. It still does! (grinning)

I have attached other meanings to the magnificent red winged bird. Too many meanings to tell the tale here. (grinning)

Red is all its gloriousness! Woooohoooooo!!!

Ina (waving)  and I went to a “Cirque du Soleil” show. There was a part- where 7 dancers dressed in Cardinal Robes pranced about the stage.

The red of the fabric was highlighted magnificently. The flowing of the robe, combined with the stark contrast of black and the swinging of this person connected on millions of levels.

Across the board on all x and y levels the threads of red through my veins. I soar with the red- the passion of Love- it runs in my veins- and I am plucked from this illusion of reality by God’s magnificent hand and thrust into the sun!

I am with my mother, as I hear the cardinal whistle- I hear my mother’s whistling back. I can see her now, nodding at me- walking up to me, wrapping her arms around me…

Thank you Cardinal Love!


May you blow a kiss today--and may you smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment