Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 2- One day- One day - I hope to create at this level!




I am lucky enough to study under an incredible Professor! Lawrence Noble! He created the art you see. I look at that art and I sigh. I want to melt. Heck- I want to be able to create art like that!!!!

I am learning to see art now. The planes of it, the shapes of it, the negative space has NOW become an incredible aspect of creating.
How cool is it- to think of the word "negative" as a positive thing?!!! Look at the image above, her hair on the right side of the image. There is a black "J" shape above her shoulder. It kisses her neck perfectly. See how great art is? (smiling) It takes the negative and becomes a lesson.

I met a woman in the airport that said: "Everything is a lesson and blessing." Honestly, I think I smirked...or chuckled. Like- "Yeah- right!" However, as time progressed my awareness to see the negative as a positive increased.

Lots of times we are so tangled in the energy of the negative that we can't escape. It just keep pulling us under. However, I will use an old lesson from being a lifeguard, a million years ago. If you get entangled in sea weed or kelp- just relax. The more you fight it, the harder it will be to escape.

Hang on- let the energy settle- then you will be able to go with the flow. So you know now- I was a life guard a ka-trillion years ago! (laughing) Oooooh..I have graduated into a silver haired mermaid.
Now if I could only sculpt myself as a  mermaid!!

One day--One day I will!!!

Thank you Lawrence for being such an awesome Professor!! Woohooooo!!! Life is grand!!


http://www.academyart.edu/auction/2013/fall/artwork.jsp?item=S457&artist=Lawrence++Noblehttp://www.academyart.edu/auction/2013/fall/artwork.jsp?item=S457&artist=Lawrence++Noble

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are following your dream and living your passion! Proud of you J! :)

    ReplyDelete