Saturday, October 12, 2013

Poet growing into Monk





He sent me to me

The letters
Had matured
With time
Like wine
They had settled
Into themselves

The words
Revealed
Me

Fifteen pages
Of me
A monk
Searched
Yearning to breathe
Eager to please
Wanting becoming

Transforming
From “never more”
Sailing
To
Wearing the jewelry
Of words

Memory soaring
My heart is settled
Into Divinity
Sacred
Reverent
Waters of Koi

I am so grateful for this Michael! Thank you for emailing me- what I have written. Since April- I have been through hell and back. The letters are all having a glorious gathering- eating a huge fabulous alphabet soup! Much love!

The words above were written after the administration of the poetry group sent me the poems I had written since April.

It surprised me. How much I had grown and changed in almost a year.

I still mourn a failed relationship, I look back and shake my head and what a fool I was. Yet, if it had not failed, I would not be here- starting over my art life over again.
My daughter said, she thought life was all about false starts. We must have these huge messy places of mud in order to transform and grow.

I listened to Oprah interview Thicch Nhat Hanh, and I wrote down his words:

“Happiness and suffering
They support each other
The
“Inter-are”

to be is
“Inter-be”

It is like
The
Left and the right

if the Left
is not there,
the right can not be there

the same is true
with
suffering and happiness

Good
And
Evil
They are
“inter-are” also.

In every one of us
There are
Good seeds
And
Bad seeds

There is the Lotus that grow
Out
Of
The
Mud

We need the mud in Order
To Grow

You can not Grow
Lotus
On Marble!

From out of the Mud
Grows
Flower of
Understanding Love!”

Not my words- Words from Tibetan Monk; Thicch Nhat Hanh.



2 comments:

  1. Life has been turbulent this past year, you have experienced so much! So proud of you J! Onwards and upwards! :)

    ReplyDelete