Saturday, November 28, 2015

The art of stopping time

Image from google images
Stop watch photograph turned into illustration.
Created by Judith Parsons 2015






















Stopping Time

The illustration is made from a stop watch. All too soon we look over our shoulder at all the things we were going to do…and we have let that time slip through our hands.

I thought I would be a great mom and aunt to my children, nieces and nephews. It is up to me to connect and cultivate with family members. As I see it, my Aunts did the best they could connecting and reaching out to family. I wish I had spent more time loving them.

We can easily get so busy dealing with our own existence, our faces downward dealing with the demands of the day that we forget to reach out to other family members. I totally understand this, as I am guilty of it.

Love is a verb. Love is doing. Love is taking action- stopping time, picking up the telephone and reaching out to people you know and love.

I belong to some healing tribes, and they make the point to connect to the lost tribe members once a year. They have a pot-luck gathering so that all the members of the healing group can share their healing experiences. It is a fun gathering with all sorts of stories, icy cold hot hands and family members showing up are always a part of the gathering.

When I have a gallery, I will have all the people that have bought my paintings and sculptures over for a open house, once a year. To thanks them for allowing my art, my energy in their home. We ARE all connected! We are energy ebbing and flowing into one another’s life. 

Stop time, stop and think on the people you need to connect with. Call them, hug them and be a part of healing time.

Love you…soaring beside you.


Stopping Time.

If you are an older person you will remember the famous song: “Time in a bottle” by Jim Croche.

Here are the lyrics:

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go

Through time with

No comments:

Post a Comment