Sunday, November 3, 2013

The mermaids mother

Today would be my mother’s birthday. I admit I am a bit melancholy about this. She loved the ocean or pool and she loved celebrating birthdays! It was OUR special day and we awakened with a pillow case and bow upon our chair.

This past summer my daughter placed the pillow case and bow upon my chair. My ex-husband used to do that for me- while we were married. I admit- that small gesture was never lost upon me. Thank you Rost. (hugging you) It was a tradition my family did. And my children understand the depth of that gesture and continue to carry it on.

My mother had huge brown eyes. She could look through you with those eyes! Her eyes were the eyes of the Fawn! Today I am guided by the lesson of the Deer.
The deer represents gentleness. I love this line: “Like the dappling of Fawn’s coat, both the light and the dark may be loved to create gentleness and safety for those seeking peace.”

Please sit beside me for a moment, take a deep breath and be gentle with yourself. Sit here for a bit of peace.

I often think I would of been a minister if I had not become an artist. Maybe one day I can combine art and God and create a CHURCH of ART. (grinning) Who knows? Crazier things have happened.

The lesson is to stop trying to get others to change-and love them as they are. “Apply gentleness to your present situation and become like the summer breeze warm and caring.”

I sigh with this lesson. I see the eyes of you, gentle and smiling. I can feel your love. I will place all the “trying” energy upon the shore. I walk into the quiet morning ocean, it is like glass this morning—and it knows how I love to work with glass. (Smiling) Art reflects life- life reflects art. 
I lay in her moist arms- content to float upon her Divine Serenity.

oh- and I place the pillow case upon the chair today- Just for you mom!



1 comment:

  1. Sweet blog J...Happy Birthday to your Mom today...I know she is beside you smiling, so proud of you following your dream! Sending you a big hug, love Anita

    ReplyDelete